Donald Trump announced yesterday that he will run for president in 2024 after all. However, many people associate Trump with chaos: the U.S. has still not forgotten the storming of the Capitol in January 2021. If the former president goes to the polls in 2024, a repeat of similar (if not worse) incidents cannot be ruled out.
Biden is being “made a case.” The results of the last election will give Republicans control of the House of Representatives in Congress. Now they have begun to examine the president’s failures on many fronts. For example, the withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan and the flow of immigrants to the United States. They will also put his son Hunter Biden’s business under the microscope.
Are the states at risk of losing stability? They are already politically divided in many ways, and it may get even “hotter” closer to the elections. As a result, the U.S. could lose its reputation as a safe system in which to safely store capital, and it will start to leave the country. As a result the dominance of the dollar in the world may decrease.
What will it lead to?
– global investors will stop buying US government debt.
– interest rates on loans in the country may rise – many loans are tied to treasuries, including mortgages.
– The dollar will fall as a result of capital outflows.
– It will become more difficult to service the ever growing national debt.
– The bottom line is that the U.S. financial system could be in serious trouble.
What can we expect in 2024? The number of Republicans and Democrats who see the other party as a threat to the country has doubled in the last 30 years. It is possible that instability will begin to run rampant even before the election. And the fight for the White House next time is sure to be fierce. And no matter who wins in the end, the protests could flare up again.